In this tutorial we are going to install the AWS CLI, just follow these steps, it will not take a lot of time and you should be able to use the CLI in couple of minutes…..first choose your running OS. Are you running? :
Install the AWS CLI on Linux:
First of all let’s get pip installed, you can skip this if you already have pip installed on your machine.
1. pip installation:
- Let’s download the installation script of pip:
curl -O https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py
- Now that we have the script we should run it with python to install the latest version of pip:
python get-pip.py --user
- Let’s make sure that the folder containing pip is part of our PATH variable:
Add an export command at the end of your profile script that’s similar to the following example.
Reload the profile into your current session to put those changes into effect.
- Let’s check that pip is installed correctly
2. AWS CLI installation with pip
Great !! we have pip installed so now we’re going to use it in order to install the CLI.
- Installing the AWS CLI using pip:
pip3 install awscli --upgrade --user
- Let’s verify that the AWS CLI is installed correctly:
Install the AWS CLI on Windows:
In the previous section we used pip to install the AWS CLI, we are going to use it again in order to set the AWS CLI on Windows, so let’s see how to install pip on Windows.
1. pip and Python installation:
- first, you have to download the Python Windows x86-64 installer from here .
- Run the installer and Choose Add Python 3 to PATH
- Choose Install Now.
2. the AWS CLI installation with pip:
If you have Python 3+ It’s recommended that you use pip3 command.
- install the CLI using pip
pip3 install awscli
- Check if the AWS CLI is installed correctly
- To upgrade to the latest version, run the installation command again.
pip3 install --user --upgrade awscli
You should now be able to use the AWS CLI on your machine.